I used ground turkey, only because we prefer it over the beef, but you are more than welcome to use any kind of ground meat you like!
* 2 lb ground turkey
* 1 tbsp burger seasoning (I used Weber Gourmet Burger Seasoning)
* 1 tsp olive oil
* romain lettuce, shredded
* hamburger pickles, slices
* white onion, sliced or shaved
* cherry tomatoes, halved
* turkey bacon
* thousand island dressing
You may notice that I didn't really list the amounts of some of the ingredients. It's because it's really up to you how much you add to your salad - some like more pickles, some like more onions and some like more tomatoes. Customize it to your liking.
1. Place turkey bacon on the baking sheet and broil in the oven until crispy and browned (turning once).
2. In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and cook the meat with burger seasoning for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Assemble your salad: lettuce, meat, tomatoes, pickles, onions, bacon and dressing... add as much or as little of each ingredient as you like.
Everything I love in a good burger: delicious meat, pickles, crispy onions... I mean I love every single ingredient of this salad. It works so well together and you can't stop eating it. If you are not a fan of bacon, or don't have it in your fridge, you can skip it - it will still be delicious!