Sunday, June 16, 2013

Perfect combo.

   Don't you just love eggs and hash browns for breakfast? I know I do. I could eat them all the time, but I always feel guilty looking at the greasy and oily hash browns at the diners. So here is a better, healthier, baked version of your favorite breakfast combo. Oh, and you can take it to go if you want to. Check it out:

Ingredients:

*  2 large baked potatoes (leftovers from here)
*  3 tbsp fresh chopped dill
*  1 tsp garlic powder
*  6 eggs
*  salt and pepper
*  cooking spray

Directions:

1. Peel and shred two baked potatoes
2. In a large bowl combine potatoes with fresh dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Spray muffin pan with a cooking spray and feel each cup with potato mixture, forming a little hole in the middle.
4. Gently break an egg into each potato cup and bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.



   So good. The dill makes all the difference and I really recommend adding it. The edges are super crispy and the eggs are soft and so comforting. All it needs is a little warming up and you have the best breakfast ever!

Enjoy,
Magda

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! I'm emailing this to my cousin coz we both have an ardent love for potatoes.

    ReplyDelete