Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sanwdich for dinner.

   Justin thinks that soup (which I love) is not really a dinner dish, and I think that sandwich (which Justin loves) is not really a dinner either! But as any other married couples, we compromise and he eats a little bit of soup and I sometimes eat sandwich for dinners. The advantage for me is that I usually make dinners, so I can "customize" it and make any sandwich into a delicious and more dinner-like dish. Check out these reconstructed, open-face tuna melts loaded with herbs and vegetables. It's a perfect example of a compromise dish that makes both of us happy! It makes 6 servings, so we usually have it for 3 dinners, but if you are not crazy about eating the same time every day just cut the recipe in half.

Ingredients:

*  6 kaiser buns
*  12 slices tomatoes
*  1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*  2 12oz cans of tuna in water, drained
*  1 cup frozen corn, thawed
*  1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
*  1/3 red onion, finely chopped
*  1/4 cup pickle relish
*  1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
*  1/3 cup fat-free mayo
*  2 tbsp honey mustard
*  salt and pepper

Directions:

1. In a bowl, combine tuna with corn, bell pepper, onions, and parsley. Add pickle relish, mayo, mustard, season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Slice the buns in half, cover generously with tuna mixture, top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400F for about 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted and a bun is crispy.
3. Keep the tuna mixture in the fridge and prepare freshly baked sandwiches just before serving each day. 




   Such a delicious sandwich. Hot, crispy and satisfying. I hate to admit it, but my husband was right... you can have a sandwich for dinner and be happy with it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/02/clever-chicks-blog-hop-21-and-chocolate.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete