Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meatless Wednesday!

   Meatless dinner consisting of sunny side up eggs over roasted potatoes/yams and green beans! Here is the short story of how I came up with this dish. Meatless - because I forgot to take chicken out of the freezer, potatoes - because my mom-in-law brought me some fresh potatoes from her garden, yams - because I always have them at home, beans - because they are in season and I got them for super cheap and eggs - because I love them to death! No, I didn't spend weeks perfecting this dish... like most of my recipes I just opened the fridge and grabbed whatever was in it that seemed like would work together! I don't even know if I can even call it a "recipe", it's just eggs and veggies. Here it is (serves 4):

*  4 eggs
*  2 large yams
*  4-5 medium potatoes
*  1 lb green beans
*  2-3 tbsp olive oil
*  1 tsp fresh rosemary
*  salt and pepper

1. Cut potatoes and yams into cubes, mix with trimmed green beans, transfer into the baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary, toss everything together to coat vegetables and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
2. When veggies are ready, get your husband/partner/neighbor to fry four perfectly cooked sunny side up eggs. This is absolutely my husband's specialty and I would never interfere with it!
3. Put egg on the top of veggies, poke the yolk and enjoy your dinner!


 

   I'm sure I already said it at least fifteen times how much I love eggs, but in case you missed it: I love eggs! The runny yolk gently covers all the veggies making them silky and buttery. Rosemary flavors the dish and gives it this "summery" kick. Such a simple, but great dish.

Enjoy.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment