Sunday, August 5, 2012

Choffy!

   So here is the story: a few days ago a good friend of my sister-in-law (friends of my friends are my friends) contacted me and asked if I would be willing to try a new product that she is distributing and give it my honest opinion on my blog! I don't know if I was more surprised or honored that somebody thinks that my blog is good enough to do something like that. You know that I am always up for trying new things, so I didn't think about it even for a second and I said yes... and then she told me what it was: "Choffy", a brewed chocolate! My heart sank, I am not a chocolate person, so how am I going to judge it? Even though I dislike chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream, I can definitely appreciate good quality chocolate itself. So I decided to be a professional, taste it and give my objective opinion about choffy.
   So the website says that it is 100% premium cacao beans roasted and grounded like coffee. You prepare it in a French press, exactly how you would regular coffee. It not only contains a great amount of antioxidants but also a healthy substitute for caffeine - theobromine, which provides long-lasting energy without the crash or other negative effects of caffeine. You can find more information on Simone's website: Choffy - Simone Lee or on her Facebook page: Choffy on FB




   But enough with the theory and all this blah, blah, blah... lets try this baby out! When you first open the bag, the smell of high quality, aromatic chocolate just fills the room! It looks like a coarsely ground coffee and it smells delicious. So you put few spoons of it in a French press, add boiling water, stir it and let it steep for 5 minutes. Then just strain it and it's ready to serve. It has this brown, coffee-like look to it and it smells even better then before. So I tried few sips of it without any additions and I wasn't too crazy about it, but I'm not crazy about "bare" coffee either, so there you go. I added a spoon of sugar and a splash of milk... and there you go! It's delicious, tastes kind of like a cocoa or hot chocolate... and that sexy aroma! Justin actually said it tastes like childhood to him (can there be a better complement?). It took about 10-15 minutes for theobromine to start working and all I could see is Justin's big eyes and a huge smile saying: "man, that stuff really works, lets do something!".




   It's perfect not only after dinner as a part of a dessert, but also great as a morning energy boost for people who don't drink coffee at all! Not only does it energize you, but it also comforts you and gets you ready for a long day at work. And I know all of you chocolate lovers will love it! Give it a try!

www.drinkchoffy.com/deLEEcious

Enjoy.
Magdalena.

No comments:

Post a Comment