Thursday, April 19, 2012

My very first muffin pan!

   I know it's hard to believe, but there were days when I didn't own a muffin pan. We don't use them in Poland too often, so it was an unnecessary gadget for me, but I have no idea how I survived so long without it! Thank God for my friend who introduced me to breakfast egg muffins and also gifted me with my very first six cup muffin pan to make them in. Life was never the same after that. Not only did I come up with many different recipes for sweet/savory/breakfasty muffins, but I also gained a lot of weight because of them. Don't worry, today we will make some healthy and high in protein breakfast muffins (tribute to my muffin pan gifter) with my personal twist. What you need to make 6 big muffins is:

*  10 eggs
*  1/4 cup milk
*  2 tbsp flour
*  1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozarella
*  1/2 cup chopped parsley
*  1 cup reduced-fat turkey breakfast sausage (sauteed)
*  1 tbsp garlic powder
*  salt and pepper

   Whisk eggs with milk, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add mozzarella and parsley, combine everything and transfer to the greased muffin pan (about 3/4 full). Spoon the turkey sausage into each cup and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are set.




   As you can see some got more sausage than others and guess which one Justin is having for breakfast tomorrow? Yeah, you got it! If you love eggy breakfasts (like I do), but don't have too much time in the morning to prepare it, this is your recipe. It takes 30 minutes of your time and you have breakfast for the entire week (unless you eat them all at once).

Smacznego.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment