Monday, March 19, 2012

Expect the unexpected!

   I love to experiment in the kitchen. The more bizarre the combination of ingredients, the more I want to try it out and see how it works together. I found this great recipe for cookies made out of something you would never expect. When I told my friends that I'm planning to make them they looked at me with a "what-a-lunatic" facial expression and they couldn't believe that I said that. I did not understand them, because for me "Potato Chip Cookies" just sounded like an amazing and delicious idea. And trust me, I wasn't wrong about it, they turned out to be awesome, and I think they made my top-ten-desserts list! Here is what you need:

*  1 cup (2 sticks) room temp. butter
*  3/4 cup light brown sugar
*  1/3 cup white sugar
*  1 tsp vanilla extract
*  3 eggs
*  2 cups all-purpose flour
*  1 tsp baking soda
*  2 cups crushed potato chips
*  1 cup chopped pecans

   In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, add flour, baking soda, potato chips and nuts, and mix to combine. Drop tablespoon size of a cookie dough onto a baking sheet (about 2 inch apart) and bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Don't worry about the shape of the dough, they are going to spread and make a perfect round cookie.




   They are so yummy! Super crunchy, sweet, and salty, just the perfect combination! Don't be scared of potato chips in a dessert, they fit right in! If you don't believe me try it for yourself.

Good luck.
Magda

4 comments:

  1. How many different ways can I say "yum"? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy, that's for sure :). Somebody had a great idea!

      Delete
  2. Love your creativity in this recipe!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ally, but I can't take all the credit for it. I saw the recipe in one of my books and just modified it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete