Monday, January 30, 2012

Hey there, meat lovers!

   I've had many comments about not posting enough meat dishes, and I think it's high time to address this issue. It's not that I'm trying to make it a vegetarian blog, but the truth is, that I do cook a lot with vegetables and if I use meat, it is usually chicken. It's cheap, quick, easy, and healthy, and those are the main reasons why I chose it over and over again. I absolutely agree with my audience (mostly male portion of it), that I should start using more red meat and what can be better for a premiere than pork chops? I found this recipe online and I knew right away that this is something that will be satisfying for all my meat-loving followers. What you need is:

4 boneless pork chops (about 4oz each)
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
cooking spray

   In a flat bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip pork chops in milk and then coat generously with the crumb mixture. Place coated chops on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray and bake at 375F for about 15 minutes on each side or until the thermometer reads 160F.




    They are super juicy, tender, and very flavorful (the cheese does magic). Not that they are not good enough on their own, but I thought that they deserve some great company that would make a perfect and sophisticated Sunday dinner. I thought that they would pair beautifully with some rosemary-roasted potatoes and cucumber salad. The potatoes are super easy, all you need is:

3-4 red skin potatoes
olive oil
rosemary (lots of it)
1/2 sliced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper

   Cut potatoes into 1-2 inch cubes, sprinkle with olive oil and spices, add chopped rosemary, and bake at 400F for 1 hour. To make sure that they are evenly browned on each side, toss them with a spatula a couple times while roasting. For the salad I just sliced a cucumber, added salt, pepper, and sour cream and voila!




   Doesn't it look delicious? And it's even better than it looks. A perfect ending to a great weekend! I hope I made all my meat loving friends happy!

Enjoy.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment