Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peter, Peter pumpkin eater!

   Halloween might be long gone, but pumpkin, which is such a great staple of the fall is still popular and cherished in our household! Less as a decoration and more as a delicious and versatile ingredient used for cooking. I think most people have favorite dishes that they prepare at certain times of the year. I know we have quite a few of them. In the summer, for example we always have grilled asparagus and corn, in the spring we eat a lot of salads with fresh veggies, and the most traditional dish of the fall is definitely a pumpkin soup. If you need something healthy, nutritious, and delicious, go for a pumpkin soup, it makes you feel cozy and warm!




   It's super easy to make. I cook chopped celery, carrots, and onions in a little bit of water together with two bullion cubes, black pepper, parsley and cilantro. When the veggies are cooked, but still a little bit crunchy, I add one big can of pumpkin puree (Oh yeah, I use canned pumpkin to make my life way easier!) and adjust the density of the soup with water. I like mine pretty dense, it makes it much more satisfying and filling. Of course lets not forget about spices, which give the soup it's superpowers of comfort and warmth! I use two secret ingredients:  ground cumin and Chipotle Pepper Tabasco sauce to make the soup a little bit hot but not overpowering! Add a few crackers on the side and you got yourself a delicious, nutritious, and comforting dinner!

Stay warm.
Magda.

No comments:

Post a Comment